SponsorLive Conference Programme
Docks Dome – THURSDAY 28th March 2019
09:00 Check-in and Welcome coffee
Meet The Experts Roundtables. Your chance to learn, to discuss key issues and to get face to face advice from the expert of your choice during a 20 minutes roundtable.
- Global Sports Jobs - Career planning in sponsorship
- Onside Law - Navigating key legal issues in sponsorship, including contracts, exploiting data and IP, personality sponsorship, and the impact of Brexit
- Nielsen - What’s new in sponsorship research?
- Sponsorium - Still looking for ROI? Meet ROO
- ESA Diploma - The ESA Diploma: Learn about Europe’s only formal training qualification for sponsorship and what it offers
09:45 Start SponsorLive, the European Sponsorship Summit
- Opening & Welcome, Andy Westlake, Chairman European Sponsorship Association
BNP Paribas / We Are Tennis : Building a worldwide long term connection to tennis, Vincent-Baptiste Closon, Head of International Sponsoring BNP Paribas | Beginning at Roland-Garros in 1973 BNP Paribas is now the world’s #1 tennis sponsor with dozens of local and international partnerships and has created a global community of tennis fans through wearetennis.com and other online media. Using case studies and video Vincent-Baptiste will illustrate one of sponsorship’s best established partnerships.
Case Study: Darkness Into Light - ESA Sponsorship of the Year & CSR Partnership of the Year, Edel McCarthy, Group Sponsorship & Activation Manager Electric Ireland | Electric Ireland, working with charity Pieta House, developed a mass participation campaign, ‘Darkness into Light’, to raise awareness of and funding for suicide and self-harm. Operating in a low interest, but highly competitive sector driven by product & price, sponsorship & CSR allows Electric Ireland to engage with customers about things they care about… not just their bills! This multi-award winning campaign produced impressive metrics, not least a reduction in suicide rates.
Case Study: Inspiring Healthier Lives Through Sports Sponsorship, Nick Read, Commercial Director Vitality | Insurance company Vitality set up the largest incentive-based wellness programme internationally through a significant investment in sport. Nick will show how sport is a big part of the brand’s development strategy and will focus on women’s sport, specifically in hockey.
- Case Study: The Olympic TOP programme, Christian Voigt Vice President of Marketing Development, International Olympic Committee | The Worldwide Olympic Partners (TOP) programme is the highest level of Olympic sponsorship. The programme attracts some of the best-known multinational companies in the world and support from the programme is crucial for the staging of the Olympic Games and the operations of every organisation within the Olympic Movement, including funding, technical services, and products. This presentation and Q&A moderated by Jonathan Rest News Editor Sportcal provides a unique insight into the IOC’s global sponsorship strategy as well as Christian Voigt’s vision on current trends and the future of sponsorship.
13:30 SponsorLive, the European Sponsorship Summit
Panel Discussion: Secrets of Success in Sport & Entertainment Sponsorship | The merging of sports and entertainments has benefited the sponsorship industry by supplying content, better experiential marketing and a culture where fans are also customers. AEG Global Partnerships operates the leading sports and live music marketing network in the world including the O2 in London, sports teams, festivals and music tours. Paul Samuels leads a panel of major brands discussing the secrets of success in this area.
- - Paul Samuels, executive Vice President, AEG Global Partnerships, AEG
- - Dan Mathieson, Head of Sponsorship, Barclaycard
- - Delphine Baise, Head of Sponsorships, ING Belgium
- - Mehdi Hemici, VP & GM, International Consumer Benefits & Partnerships AccorHotels
- - Cathrine Instebo, Head of Sponsorship, Equinor
- - Axel Lintermans, Vice President - Head of Sponsorships Europe at Mastercard
- How To Win Sponsorship Gold, Tom van Kuyk, Sponsor strateeg Communicatie en Corporate Affairs Rabobank | Rabobank sponsorship policy is rooted in supporting Dutch culture, sports federations and clubs. Tom van Kuyk will show how the bank won three prizes at the 2018 Dutch SponsorRing awards with the Lowlands Festival, the Dutch Olympic Committee and VolleyBowl cases.
- Global Commercial Trends in Sports and the Impact on The European Sponsorship Industry, Marco Nazzari, Managing Director Europe Nielsen Sport | A snapshot of what the industry will experience in the near future. Using data and insights, Marco Nazzari will show the key trends in the sports and entertainment business and the impact in 2019 and beyond.
- The Sponsorship Revolution, Rhys Beer, Live Sports Partnerships & Programming EMEA Facebook | Social media’s impact on sponsorship has transformed the old way of doing things and continues to spark huge changes. Presenting case studies followed by a “ fireside chat”, Rhys Beer shares his views on branded content and other topics with Jonathan Rest News Editor Sportcal on what this means for sponsorship professionals.
- The Business of Le Tour De France, Laurent Lachaux Commercial Director, ASO (Amaury Sport Organisation) | With the Grand Départ of Le Tour De France leaving from Brussels in 100 days, Laurent Lachaux will present an overview of the commercial strategy behind this iconic event and other ASO properties such as the Dakar, and the Lacoste Ladies Open de France. The session will conclude with a Q&A moderated by Andy Hancock exploring the move from an “event” approach to an “experiential” view and other trends shaping the world of sponsorship.
- Bringing People Together For a Better World, Arnaud Hanset, MKTG. Dir Europe West ABInBev | The world’s biggest brewer promotes many of its 500+ brands through sponsorship and using case histories Arnaud Hanset explains the red line that binds all activity and how sponsorship backs the brand promise of bringing people together.
- Closing Remarks and Conclusion, Sophie Morris, Millharbour Marketing & Director European Sponsorship Association
17:45 Belgian Sponsorship Awards Ceremony and explanation of winning cases from the jury
18:15 Taittinger cocktail reception & light walking dinner
20:30 ESA Afterparty at La Chaloupe d'Or (Grand Place Brussels)
*Please note that the programme is subject to change
Main Partner [+]
Official Partners [+]
- Visit Brussels
- AG Insurance
- BNP Paribas Fortis
- Visit Brussels 2
- Global Sports Jobs
- Onside Law
- ADC Production
- Docks Dome
- Event Attitude
- European Sponsorship Association
- Chou de Bruxelles